With Apple, the Cupertino company enters the area of a rectangular shapes, rich smartwatch biometric sensors and high customizability. Three types are available: Apple Sport Watch (for activities such as fitness), Apple Watch (outdoor) and Apple Watch Edition (voted for elegance and luxury).
The event of 9 March, Apple has unveiled the pricing and release dates of the three models of its smartwatch: Apple Apple Apple, aluminum Sport Watch Watch Watch Edition (gold). The deployment began on 24 April in some countries of the world (Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, United Kingdom and USA) while in Italy the debut was set for June 26, 2015.
- Apple Watch: 419 euros for 38 mm, 469 for the 42 mm;
- Apple Watch: from 649 euros (38 mm) in 719 euros (42 mm) with strap Sport; from 769 euro (38 mm) at 819 euros (42 mm) with Classic, Modern, mesh or leather strap; from 1119 euros (38 mm) in 1169 euro (42 mm) and bracelet; from 1219 euro (38 mm) in 1269 euros (42 mm) with stainless steel mesh bracelet black space.
- Apple Watch Edition: 11200 euro per 18400 euros for the version from 38 mm to 13200 to 16400 euros for the version from 42 mm.
The device is a smart watch with a rectangular shape and rounded corners, available in two case dimensions – 38 and 42 mm – as well as in three editions of design. The shell is characterized by a rounded appearance and cambered, finished with a Sapphire Crystal glass or ion (Variant) slightly curved corners and, not least, fully interchangeable straps. On the right side of the device two physical buttons: the digital Crown — a wheel that allows you to zoom the interface or select functions, and a quick recall of key contacts. The case involves the configurations to three different materials, as well as from list:
- Apple Watch: shiny stainless steel, natural or black coloured sidereal;
- Apple Watch: anodised aluminium in silver or in space grey;
- 18 carat gold Apple Watch Edition: made with a special process that makes it twice as hard and strong relation to gold classic.
The screen is a retina display with high pixel density for make as much image quality, but especially with Force technology Touch can distinguish a quick tap from a stronger and more prolonged pressure (discerning the meaning of interaction to interpret it in different ways). The Taptic Engine included in the box also generates a small vibration which serves to return to each tap a tactile sensation making it more comfortable and secure the use of the interface.
As mentioned, each shell can be paired with a long strap option, so that we can personalize your clock according to your mood or outfit worn. So can be summarized:
- Metals: the classic mesh bracelet and magnetic coupling or the original mesh;
- Skin: Classic, modern security attachment straps or loops completely magnetic leather;
- Plastic straps in different colors, from bright green to red, made of fluorelastomer, flexible and resistant. The engagement is in this case with a special clip, similar to those already in use on iPod Touch for attaching the wrist lanyard.
The hardware of the smartwatch is characterized by three major groups of main elements: the main circuit, sensors and touch, followed by additional components. Here are the details:
- Main circuit: a comprehensive chip, dubbed S1, which contains within it a multilayered architecture inspiration desktop. In addition to compute units, contains the GPU, WiFi and receiving induction charging connectors.
- Beside this component, isolated by a special metal roof, is the battery;
- Sensors: on the back of Apple Watch, wrist area skin contact, special 4 infrared LEDs that are in natural light.
- These are able to constantly measure the pulse, frequency and other data on the blood circulation. There are not much vociferati glucose detectors and the exposure to UV rays;
- Touch: on Apple Watch are housed two different types of detectors. The first capacitive, as well as on any iDevice, each other, to understand the power that the user gives with your fingers on the Panel.
Among the additional components include instead a Retina display, a speaker and a combined system of vibration, pulsation and sounds to send to the user is a haptic feedback that tactile functions. Called Taptic Engine, is a unique element, because it plays almost faithfully the feeling of human touch on the skin. Finally, there is also a microphone to interact easily with Siri, and a MagSafe magnetic inductive charging.
Apple Watch is compatible with all devices running iOS 8.2, released to coincide with the announcement of the availability of the smartwatch. Compatible devices in particular are covered between the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and 6.
Apple amazes Watch more for its interface and for its design, the latter perhaps not too original, considered as the smartwatch is gradually abandoned the rectangular dials to land on the universe of those circulars. To turn on the screen of the device simply lift the wrist or press one of the buttons: you find yourself immersed in a GUI especially familiar, with icons that closely resemble those of iOS 8. With your fingers you can move these icons, grouped in a sort of cloud, to choose a favorite. To enter or quit an application, you do not only act on the digital zoom with the Crown. Using instant, easy and therefore appears quite fluid.
Are not yet available in all the applications that you will be proud smartwatch, many of them by third parties – such as Twitter and Facebook – with the opening of a special section of the App Store. Before looking at some of the many, it is worth remembering how the smartwatch is not standalone: will the combination to an iPhone by, from iPhone 5 and higher (up to the current iPhone 6), with WiFi and GPS active.
- Calls: Apple Watch lets you make hands-free calls using microphone and speaker. Not being equipped with SIM tray, the feature is only available in paired with an iPhone;
- Messages: you can participate in conversations iMessage or send SMS from your device, always paired with a melafonino. To insert text dictation is used, the only keyboard available is that of emoji;
- Mail: Similarly to messages, you can look up their mail, to be answered again with voice dictation;
- Maps: maps are very similar to those of iOS and OS X 8 Yosemite, keeping in mind how the iPhone’s GPS localization function needs to operate properly. Similarly, you can enable a Navigator stepper;
- Fitness: the smart watch can subdivide the healthy activities in fitness exercises or real workout. Monitors the movement, the quantity and quality of daily activities and encourages them to not be too sedentary using special alerts. It can also keep track of intensive workouts or cardio sessions like running or stationary bike, calculating heart rate and calories burned;
- Sharing Digital Touch: Apple Watch may communicate with each other with a system not only innovative but also particularly sensual. By invoking the contact with the appropriate side button, you can first draw to screen some sort of message to be sent to the questioner: a letter, a smiley, a short sketch. There are also emotional communication: with a twist you can make it clear to someone I thought, while keeping pressed two fingers on the screen is sent to the partner’s own heartbeat, which is faithfully reproduced by the recipient thanks to haptic feedback. For the most demanding, finally, there is the possibility to use Apple Watch as an impromptu walkie talkies;
- Camera roll and room: accessing photographs of iOS 8, you’ll end up in front of a mosaic. With the digital Crown just zoom to enlarge each of these photographs. In addition, there is the possibility to control the distance the rear camera of the iPhone;
- Weather, calendar and Passbook: as is evident from the home screen, the smartwatch can easily access all the information stored on weather, calendar and Passwork, also from iCloud;
- Personalization and glance: Apple Watch interface can be highly customized to show dials according to your mood based on preset colors or designs, from classic hands at satellite pictures, passing for Mickey. Glance functions let you set of screens of information, from weather to time zones, to display just by swiping your fingers from bottom to top in the display.